Touring Tips To Bromo using a motorbike.Some time ago, I was touring Mount Bromo using a motorbike. Many preparations must be made. Immediately, the following are the tips I collected from my trip after coming from Mount Bromo.
Touring Tips To Bromo using a motorbike
1. Check and service your motorbike, starting from oil change, brake lining, clutch shoes, and lamp electricity. It is preferable to use a sports motorbike (male bike) rather than matic which is too risky because the terrain is very steep and uphill makes your v-belt matic break fast.
2. Estimate from your departure place (origin) until you arrive at the destination no later than 14.00 until it is climbed. Just info, if passing Pandaan Pasuruan can take up to 3 hours. So estimate your route, whether from Pasuruan, Probolinggo, or from Malang. I myself chose to pass the direction of Nongko Jajar, because the route is safe and the road is smooth. We were stopped by the police when we wanted to pass the direction of Pasuruan because it was said that the route had a lot of begal or the seizure of motorbikes by force.
3. Before heading towards the climb (up the hill), don’t forget to buy full gasoline at the gas station. because if you have gone up, there is no gas station, only retail gasoline sellers with a range of Rp.10,000 – Rp. 15,000 / liter. You can estimate yourself for your own trip and motorcycle
4. Bring a thick jacket / mountain jacket to support your trip. Can use a leather jacket, but it is advisable to use a mountain jacket. Apart from that socks, gloves, masks and sunglasses are mandatory equipment. Don’t forget to bring a coat / raincoat.
5. Bring a flashlight or lighting to keep watch on the way or when walking to the climb.
6. Bring warm medicines or rubbing oil to keep watch when you are cold.
7. Bring enough clothing and food. just like motor fuel, when it reaches near climb, everything becomes expensive. For information, when you arrive near the climbing post, 600 ml of mineral water costs Rp. 5,000 (Normal Rp. 2,000-3,000). Whereas when it was at the peak, it reached Rp.8000 / bottle 600 ml.
1. Prepare yourself to rest early, because you have to get up early – early and leave at 3:00 a.m. in the morning so you can see the sunrise on the top of Mount Bromo. If you want to be more relaxed, you can leave early at 01.00-02.00 in the morning
2. Before leaving, drink coffee to avoid drowsiness on the trip because it is very risky, you will pass a steep road without lighting public roads.
3. Drink herbs or supplement to catch a cold, so that your condition remains fit so you can enjoy the beautiful sunrise in the morning.
4. It is recommended to bring a tripod or narcissistic stick so you can still reach the moment when the sun appears. because you will be pressed against hundreds of people at the top.
5. Just information, ticket prices for a normal day Rp. 27,500 / person, while the holiday stress is Rp. 32,500 / person. Each motorcycle is charged Rp. 5,000.
6. It is highly recommended and important to note, you at least invite your friends who have been to Bromo before, or you can hire a tour guide so you don’t get lost or go wrong when going to the top, or maybe to the sea of sand. Because at the time of the afternoon, thick fog envelops the desert, you can get lost far away. It is recommended before 3:00 p.m. you have to go up to the plains of the sea of sand.
7. The return trip should not take the Tumpang Malang direction (to the Tengger Bromo Semeru post) because the road is very steep, muddy and dangerous. Many motorbikes were trapped and broke down in the middle of the trip. Again this is a warning suggestion, you can rent a tour guide to help you get out of the bromo area to the nearest direction.
Touring Tips To Bromo.
Those are some tips that I got after using Bromo on a motorbike on December 26-27, 2014. If you are not used to a long trip on a motorbike you should rent a travel service that provides Mount Bromo tour package because they are more effective and comfortable.